SCC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3rd October 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address and phone number;
- company name and market sector;
- demographic information such as location, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer queries, surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to understand your needs and provide a better service, and our use of the information may be for any one or more of the following purposes:
- for our internal records;
- to customise our website based on your preferences;
- to improve our products and services.
- to periodically send you promotional emails about new products/solutions, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- to contact you, from time to time, for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is and remains secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular webpage on our website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- wherever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you would like to opt-in to receive the latest technology news and trends from SCC. If you don’t want to receive information from SCC then don’t tick the box.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not provide, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us you do not wish to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to James House, Warwick Road, Birmingham, B11 2LE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.